Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I have been taking a few longer exercise rides to work lately, heading out the West River Drive to the Falls Bridge and back in to Center City (rather than straight east from W. Philly to Center City). For the non-Philadelphians reading this, this means riding out along the Schuylkill River and back the other side. Almost every day I've done this lately, the Schuylkill River has been high and muddy or the skies have been cool and cloudy, poor conditions for turtle basking, especially at 8:30 in the morning. Still, this morning I saw a few of them squeezed onto a small log remaining on the east bank by the Falls Bridge (no camera). I wanted to catch them. I want to catch them. But the river is still murky for my taste, and I doubt the rain this weekend will help.

No comments: